Today Treeby Community Association executive team had a bi-monthly meeting in our community garden. Many topics are on the table for discussion, and there is one that I would like to share with all of you (residents of Treeby) here.
As a few of you probably read on our WhatsApp group or our Treeby Crime Watch FB group that there have been a few thefts around the area, as well as 4WD intrusion near Ghostgum roundabout. CoSafe and Police were informed of these activities and subsequently, they are logged.
In the last Neighbourhood Watch meeting the statistics for April 2020 are released and here is Treeby.
As you can see there is a jump between the incidents in February 2020 and April 2020. This is due to multiple factors such as COVID-19 lockdown, unemployment, and being a new construction area are easy targets.
Regardless of the result, I have to applause our community for staying vigilant and keeping eyes around our estate. There are many instances where our community came together and deter suspicious activities. By working together we can make our estate safer for everyone!
Thank you all. We hope the number will drop back down in our next meeting.
We urge you to report any incidents or suspicious activities to the following organisations. Just remember that CrimeStoppers is an intelligence database that sends information out to relevant departments to action. When calling the police or CrimeStoppers, call CoSafe as well as often they are closer to the incident than the police.
000 (Emergency) 🆘
- Emergencies that are life-threatening
- For a crime that is being committed or has just been committed (includes fire and medical emergencies).
131444 (Police) 👮
- Non-urgent situations that require police attendance
- E.g. car theft, anti-social behaviour (ASB), property related incidents, burglary
- For crimes that have occurred.
1300 333 000 (CrimeStoppers) 🚓
- Non-urgent situations where immediate attendance is not required
- E.g. criminal activity or suspicious behaviour
- You can remain anonymous (as you are not reporting to the police directly)
- Information can be current or from the past.
1300 26 72 33 (CoSafe) 🚔
- Non-urgent situations where immediate police attendance is not required
- E.g. ASB, vandalism, graffiti, suspicious behaviour (this will be reported to CrimeStoppers), noise complaints
- CoSafe responds to calls within 15 minutes.
Please help us to keep Treeby safe. No matter how trivial you think your information is, it might be the missing link for the police. 🚨
Lastly, if you are interested in comparing our suburb with the rest of City of Cockburn, you can find the NHW - Monthly CoSafe Report - April 2020 here.